Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Days 32 - 33


After the epic train journey yesterday, we got out at the train station, caught taxis to the hotel, and discovered it had a tiny spiral staircase and our rooms were on the third floor - thus, we had great difficulty dragging up 25 kilos of suitcase. I longed for the cruise ship so I could just rest without worrying about lugging everything I owned (which amounted to half my weight) around with me.

Prague is gorgeous, exactly how I pictured it. The day after all that train travel, I walked a bit down the street from the hotel, hopped on a tram and walked around the city's centre until I found the Old Town, with the beautiful Astronomical clock, Wenceslas Square, Tyn Church, and what I think was originally a gate into the city.









I bought one of those really yummy hot chocolates that taste like they've just melted a block of chocolate into a bowl and set off to find the National Museum, Charles Bridge, and Prague castle.
Prague is beautiful, but I just didn't connect to it as much as I did with Germany.
Didn't really do or see anything else in Prague as the next day we had to get up at 3:30 am to have an even longer day of train travel - a total of 14 hours to meet up with Beck and Bryan in Venice, Italy for their wedding.






No comments:

Post a Comment